So you want a masonry heater?
These are the steps for planning and various options.
- Is this a retrofit or new construction?
- What is the supporting floor made from? Will it be able to hold 5+ tons of additional weight? Does it need re-inforcing?
- What square footage of home are you heating?
- Remember this is a radiant heat source so you will not feel the heat radiating to you unless you are in direct line of sight to the heater.
- Where is your chimney routed? Is there a current chimney chase? Where does it exit the roofline?
- What type of core do you want?
- Do you want a bakeoven? Black or white bakeoven?
- What type of veneer do you prefer?